Monday, November 13, 2017

Crossing the Divide 81

It was boring and nerve-wracking all at the same time. I lay in a room waiting until my death and Hisara's birth. I worried about how Alex, who was now sitting beside me, would carry on. That is if he was able to win. I worried that Alice would kill Hisara on her rampage throughout the Hive. A rampage that should have happened a long time ago.

"Keep calm." Alex said and took my hand, squeezing it gently. "You are safe here. Hisara will...will be born and I'll raise her in the new world. In the world we helped build."

Yes, I had built a world with Alex. A world where the majority was dead or turned. The rest were wandering the Wastelands. Maybe Alice should win and kill Alex so my husband wouldn't be able to inflict his horrors onto the world anymore. But I still couldn't stand to see him dead, even at the expense of the world. A world I hadn't been born in and would leave very soon.

"I trust you to raise her." I told him and squeezed back. "I just...I'm going to be gone soon and she'll never remember me."

"I will tell her about you." Alex said sadly. "I will tell her how great her mother was."

I smiled and a tear came out of my husband's eye. He wanted to stay strong for me and let me make my own choices. But it was so hard for him and I could understand. Suddenly alarms started going off and he stood up. We shared a simple glance before he left. We both knew the reason for the alarms and he was too protective of me to talk. The minutes passed by and I kept imagining Alex dead and Alice coming in carrying his head. She might be under the delusion that I wanted her help. She could kill Alex but I wanted to give birth with him by my side.

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment