Sunday, October 16, 2016

Crossing the Divide 7

"They could be a lot safer if you used...whatever you did back there." Chris said, laughing softly. "You have this vast array of powers and you're not even thinking of making people afraid? Fuck, you could go to Umbrella's doorsteps and make them bend to your will."

"A few things wrong with that analysis. First off is the fact that I believe in honor and allowing everyone a fair chance in a fight. There is no point in becoming so dishonorable by taking the easiest path and start to make exceptions where you didn't before. Second off is that my power isn't unlimited. I can't simply do anything without becoming tired. Sure I could rule with fear but that's not the way for me. Humans that respect their rulers are more likely to take risks for them. Ruling by fear alone makes it more likely for traitors to spring up."

"And is there a third reason?"

"Third is that the goals of the Mormonts are to find a cure, create a society, and rise up again. Even if I won against both Umbrella and Alice now there would be nothing for my men after the war had been won. They would still live in a world populated by zombies and there would be no hope. One day I will attack Umbrella, hopefully with Alice's help, but the time for it is not now. There will be a time for me to use my full strength. Not just my own but the strength of my men."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Chris Redfield Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment