Monday, October 10, 2016

Crossing the Divide 5

"April Dekker helped me deliver my second child." I said. "She was a Mormonts before any of the 'great' achievements were made."

"How is Alec?" April asked.

I felt as though she had punched me in the stomach. Although, to be honest, the pain wasn't as great as before. It was easier for me to keep a calm face and pretend that nothing was wrong. I would have to let Alec's death fade into the background while still remaining important to me. It was a game of never forgetting and not letting the past cloud my judgment. It was both a game and a dance.

"When I rescued Alexander Isaacs, my husband, Alec was killed in the process." I told her. "He was a great child when he was alive and I'll always remember that you helped bring him into this world."

April nodded, her face looking as though it were confused how to react. It was as if she wanted to comfort me and yet worried how it would look to my men. She must know that a ruler could never look weak in front of her subjects but must appear stronger than any man. Mortal men did not follow men, but they did follow gods. Except for the Kaari who would not bow before men or gods. The House of my ancestors would one day be as great as it had been in Old Valyria.

"Are you pregnant?" April asked and I shook my head.

"Alex and I are working on another child, but I'm not." I told her. "Maybe a daughter this time."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment