Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Eternal Heart: False Hero 5

"Jash!" A loud and angry voice shouted in my ear. I opened my eyes and saw a commander looking me dead in the eyes. His look was something that I shouldn't have seen, especially after first waking up. I quickly stood up.

"What is it?" I asked. I would've been more polite had I not remembered what I had seen last night. But what had I seen? "Terminator Factory."

"Your one of those nuts?" The Commander asked. I hadn't meant to say 'Terminator Factory' out loud but I had. And now the enemy would know. "Somehow all the people who just get assigned to Base 42 think Terminators are still made here. It's been years since the factory has been working."

"Then why is it off limits?"

"Because a Grey could build a Terminator and then we'd all be dead here." He explained. "And if it is running, which it couldn't possibly be, then it would be because of a Grey. Not because of any of us in command."

"I have proof." I said, turned around, and lifted up my hair. "Someone, or something, knocked me out by hitting the back of my head."

The Commander looked for a few minutes and then replied, "There's no mark on the back of your head. You must have fallen asleep while on patrol."

"I didn't have patrol last night." I said.

The Commander shook his head. "You did. That's why I was looking for you."

"What do you want me to do, Sir?" I asked. I was afraid of a possible punishment.

"Since you're well rested now, go get something to eat and go out on patrol." He commanded. "Go five miles out and circle the base a few times. Those who actually took their patrolling duties seriously thinks there might be intruders coming."

I wanted to ask why me but figured it wouldn't be a good idea. I had a bad dream and annoyed a commander. I looked around and saw that I had been sleeping on the roof of Base 42.

As I went to the mess hall I thought that it was highly likely that what I had seen was a dream. When I sat down and started to eat my food I remembered some of my comrades telling me about this being an old Cyberdyne Building. Though, somehow, that memory seemed to be new. It did occur a few weeks back, but it seemed as though it was from a few hours ago.

So had I just dreamt it all? I guess the answer would be yes. How hard the Terminator, or Grey, had hurt me would leave a mark. I rubbed the back of my head and felt nothing. But the dream had felt so real.

After I finished eating I headed out to patrol duty. It was boring for the first hour or so. Finally there was some action. As the two people came closer I tried to identify them.

One had long dark hair and large lips. It looked like a million bees had stung them. However, I could see a beauty and strength in her movements. The other person had blond hair, normal sized lips, and a good pair of titties. Those things weren't huge, but still bigger than normal.

When they got close they pointed their guns at me and I put my finger on the trigger to my own.

"Who are you?" I asked them.

The one with the large lips replied, "Commander Jesse Flores and," Jesse pointed to the other one with her eyes. "Riley Dawson."

I thought about those names. I suddenly remembered them as Greys. I aimed at Jesse but Riley stepped in the way. While Jesse seemed to be a sinner, Riley appeared innocent. She must have fought and killed, but there was still innocence in her.

"Put the gun down, metal." Jesse said and Riley stayed where she was. I put my gun down slowly and stood back up.

Looking at Riley I noticed that she was wearing a type of armor underneath her clothing. There was a slight bulge that I hadn't noticed before. It had been a trap.
---------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment