Friday, May 10, 2024

Summer of '03

Paid Promotion
"Who will come to your rescue?" That's the tagline for Jaiden William's third book: "Summer of '03"

Nineteen years after the events of "Roxy and the Beetles" comes a brand-new tale and a brand-new protagonist. Only this time it's much more different than what happened in the 80's, both in setting and scenery, and plot.

Talking With Jaiden Williams

What was the inspiration for writing Summer of '03?

I had the idea in 2020 to create something nostalgia-based. I wanted to create something that older and new generations can enjoy.

What was the writing process like for Summer of '03?

Oh it was terrible, I went through so much turmoil writing it. I was having so many issues with myself, my family, my friends, I just wasn't in the right place to write this. I almost missed the deadline for it. I wouldn't do it again.

What music did you listen to while writing Summer of '03?

System of a Down mostly, it's all over the book. But I also listened to Train, Red Velvet, and Slipknot.

What was your favorite scene in Summer of '03 to write?

The Peephole Scene, it's a part in the book where the song Peephole by System of a Down is played.

What was the hardest scene in Summer of '03 to write?

Everything, well let me rephrase. Everything I didn't wanna write but I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment