Monday, July 27, 2020

At First Love Chapter 28: Under the Stars

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.


This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.

The night air was cold but had just the right amount of heat which made it the perfect weather to be outside. Though even the most comfortable weather wouldn't mean anything if Emilia was anywhere but beside me. I turned to look at her and she smiled at me as we sat on a thin blanket in our backyard.

She had arrived back home around a week ago and had been utterly exhausted. She was so tired that we merely slept together the first night she was back. It felt more than intimate with her snuggled up against me as we both went to sleep. She was the only thing in the world that mattered to me.

"What constellation is that?" Emilia asked and put her hand on my leg.

"Ursa Cassandra?" I teased and was rewarded with my future fiance slapping me.

"That's not a real constellation."

"Sure it is. I think I read it online somewhere. Or maybe from some person on the street. I can't remember."

"You're a horrible liar. It's obviously the Old Man and His Girlfriend."

No, not girlfriend. Wife. But the time to propose to her was not now. Having her next to me was a reminder of how important the proposal was. It would have to be something that would give her such a pleasant memory that she'd wake up every morning thinking about it.

"And you have a bad memory." I replied with a roll of my eyes. "It's not the Old Man, it's the Eternally Youthful Man."

"Eternally Youthful, you're sure?" Emilia said with a shake of her head.

"I think so after how much passion I showed you the last two afternoons."

"And then you fell asleep."

"After you did. I remember very clearly that you snored so loudly the neighbors called to make sure everything was okay."

She laughed and I put my arm around her. Her eyes looked at me briefly before looking up to the sky once again. Tonight was one of the clearest for a long time. Hence we had decided to sit in our backyard and enjoy the nature around us. Tonight we could enjoy something as simple as being together. For the next few weeks we didn't need to be anywhere but next to each other.

"I don't snore." Emilia argued. "I am completely silent when I sleep."

"Okay, the snoring part was a lie." I admitted.

"The fact I fell asleep first is a lie."

"You just don't want to admit I am much more than an old man."

"You look like my grandpa."

"Ouch."

"Okay, you look like a sexier version of my dad."

I pushed Emilia away from me in mock anger. I then turned away from her and acted as if I didn't know she was slowly coming back over to my side. Eventually I looked at her again.

"What if we had our own castle?" Emilia asked. "Imagine lying outside and looking up at the stars there."

"Emilia, you are the only thing that can make the night sky look more beautiful than it does." I replied. "Though having enough wealth to own a castle would make life much more comfortable."

"We wouldn't have to work ever again."

"I don't think I could ever give up acting."

"Then we could finally decide on what roles we really wanted. We could surprise amateur filmmakers and ask to be in their films."

"Or go to a small theater and offer to be in one of their plays."

What would our castle look like? How big would it be? If we had one it would offer a memorable place for our wedding to take place. I could spend all the money needed to give her the wedding she wanted. There was no doubt in my mind that she had ideas for an ideal wedding. She had probably spent many years as a teenager planning her future wedding. Who was I to deny her what she wanted?

"Can't you choose your own roles?" Emilia asked.

"I'm not a big enough name yet." I said and lay on my back. "Maybe one day."

"Game of Thrones might launch my career and give me big enough roles so I can pick what I want."

Emilia lay down next to me and looked up at the sky. She was so young and had such a future in front of her. It could be that playing Dany would allow her to become a big enough to only take roles that she wanted. The talent she possessed would be more than enough to let her rise in the industry. It would be a great thing to see her succeed to that extent.

"And what roles would you want?" I asked.

"I don't know." Emilia replied.

"What about the lead in a romantic comedy?"

"And would my co-star happen to be a dashing older gentlemen?"

"Well, I wouldn't call him a gentlemen. He's not proper in all the right ways."

"Hm...you make a very tempting offer."

"Maybe soon you can audition for the role."

"But isn't it a role I was born to play?"

"I just need to make sure that you have the stamina for the role."

We laughed loudly. If people liked us together some studio executive might think it'd be profitable to have us be in a romantic comedy together. While I hoped each season of Game of Thrones would have Jorah and Dany finally getting together, that seemed to be a lost cause. The only way we'd be able to play a romantic couple was in some other show or movie.

"At least we'll finally get to work together next season." Emilia said with a sigh. "We only had maybe a handful of scenes last season. It was pathetic."

"But you got to be with someone you thought was hot." I replied.

"Yeah, you're right, I do think he's hot."

"And at least you're young enough that they will only pair you up with the best looking actors."

"If they're going to pair me up with the best looking actors, that means Dany will be banging Jorah's brains out soon."

"With how popular we've become as a pair, David and Dan might decide it'd be good for ratings to have our two characters get together."

I was not young and young actors were the ones that would be romantic leads for Emilia. The romances between older men and younger women had slowly been going out of style. It wouldn't be likely I'd be Dany's romantic interest because of my age. But if those in charge thought my real life romance with Emilia would be profitable, Dany might very well get with Jorah.

"This is assuming Jorah will get cured of greyscale." Emilia said. "For all we know Daenerys will just get a letter informing her of Jorah's death. Since Season 7 is the most likely time for Jon and her to cross paths, Dave and Dan might decide for Kit to be my new love interest. Maybe that means they'll try to cut our interactions short."

"I don't doubt they'll try to give more of a focus on you and Kit, if they do indeed plan to make your characters become a couple. But we'll still have scenes together and we can always do alternate takes."

"Yeah, and annoy everyone again."

If Dany and Jon were going to get together next season, there would be many opportunities to ruin takes with me and Emilia being romantic with each other. Sadly we wouldn't be able to do an alternate scene that showed Dany and Jorah making love extremely passionately. Sex scenes were never like they happened in real life. In real life no one would basically coach me on how to properly do sex.

"That is if Jorah is cured." Emilia said. "You never know with Game of Thrones."

"Khaleesi, of course your knight in shining armor will return." I reassured her. "If you're going to be involved in a love triangle, there's going to have to be a second lover."

"There are so many good looking men on the show to choose from."

"Are you trying to make me jealous, my love?"

"Maybe I am."

I turned my eyes away from the stars to look at the love of my life. There was a mischievousness to her eyes. The kind that promised a night that would never be forgotten. The night was going to change from calm to heated very soon.

"It's not working, Emilia." I said.

"You sure?" Emilia teased.

I quickly positioned myself on top of her and grinned when her breathing became heavier.

"You're not the only attractive man in the cast." Emilia said and didn't push me away.

"But I'm the only one you give a damn about." I replied and started kissing her neck.

"Are you sure?"

She was doing her best to sound stern, but it failed. With every word she started to lose herself as I kissed her neck. She quickly surrendered herself to foreplay and then our erotic dance finished itself when we were inside.

"I hope that won't be the only time tonight." Emilia said as she stood up.

"Of course not." I replied and looked at the various wines we had recently purchased.

"How about scotch?"

"I must have done an extremely good job."

"Don't get too cocky."

I smirked and poured us some scotch. Maybe it was a combination of fear and impatience, but I wanted to propose to her now. I could make some excuse to leave the room and return with her ring. The proposal would certainly be memorable and give her many stories to tell our children.

But I couldn't act on what I wanted now. David and Dan had both promised to make a chance for my proposal to Emilia be beyond romantic. I didn't know if they actually cared about our relationship or if they just wanted to make Game of Thrones even more popular than it already was.

Even with their promise I didn't know if Jorah and Dany would actually become a couple in the show. We were popular celebrity gossip but that didn't mean our characters getting together would be more popular than the Jon and Dany ship. And how could David and Dan keep my proposal secret if it was in the script? Emilia could guess about the proposal if our characters got together in the upcoming season.

"You're hiding something." Emilia said as I poured us another glass.

"I'm not." I argued and tried to sip the scotch instead of chugging it down quickly. "What would I be hiding?"

"I have no clue but I will find out."

"Okay, I'm having a secret affair with someone."

"Because you have a history of cheating? Really?"

"Well if everyone knew it wouldn't be secret."

"Fine, if you won't tell me I'll ask our co-workers. A few of them were acting stranger than normal."

For a brief moment I was afraid that Lena, Sophie, and Maisie would ruin the surprise. I had to remind myself that they were excited about my upcoming engagement and would have no reason to betray me. Emilia must have seen that brief moment of fear on my face as her eyes were now lit with predatory excitement.

"Okay, I am hiding something." I admitted as I realized my love had already discovered part of my lie. "But it's a surprise and I don't want to ruin it."

I knew that Emilia would try her best to get the secret out of me using every method at her disposal. As we had started drinking and were going to **** again tonight, she would have some very cruel methods at her disposal.

"I'm sure I could make you tell me in just under an hour." Emilia said and refilled our glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment