Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Revolution Cliffhanger

When it was announced that Revolution was cancelled, I was upset. It was a good sci-fi show that took place after the apocalypse (aka when the lights went out) and had interesting twists and turns. I wanted it to continue but I didn't think I'd be so heartbroken when the last scene of the series aired.

What kind of heartbroken? The "Dammit! Now I'll never know how this cliffhanger is resolved" kind of heartbroken.

I figured that with the show being cancelled the whole Patriots plot would be resolved in some manner. Maybe there'd be another plot introduced but it wouldn't be major.

Boy was I wrong about that.

Throughout the Second Season of the show there was a little nanobot sub-plot. Weird things happened and the nanos turned from friend to foe during the course of the Season. I figured that with the show being canceled that the nano sub-plot would be resolved simply. Such as Aaron's wife being fine and they realize that the nanos won't be able to enact their plan of world domination. Maybe a final shot hinting that the nanos have another plan but nothing as big as the final shot of the series.

It turns out that the nanobots are now taking over other people, since Aaron and his wife wouldn't accept being controlled, and making them all live in the town Bradbury. Bradbury, for those unfamiliar with the sci-fi genre, most likely comes from the famous author Ray Bradbury. That reference alone made me giddy.

Then there is the sign that lights up in the final scene.
This reminds me of the Stephen King book It where the villain is a clown. Well...the villain takes on the form of a clown for the most part. Also the town itself might be a King reference. In The Stand there is a town with the good guys and there is another town with the bad guys. That might just be me, though.

The series finale left me, and other viewers, with the plot of robots taking over the world. That is a cliffhanger that hurts! Now it is only through fanfiction that the fans will have a continuation of the series as it appears unlikely that it will be picked up by another network.

No comments:

Post a Comment