Thursday, January 31, 2013

Last Resort (Season 1/Final Season)

Show: Last Resort

Season: 1

Episodes: 13

Created By: Karl Gajdusek and Shawn Ryan

Released: 2012-2013

Rating: 3/5
-----------------------------------------------

Strong Beginning and Strong End
The beginning and ending of this season were the strongest parts. The pilot episode drew you in and made you care for the characters. The ending was good closure and one of the better episodes of this season. While you can debate whether what happened between them is good or bad, I have to say the pilot and ending episodes were a strong point.

Some Subplots Were Noticeably Shortened
By the finale you could tell some things were meant to go on longer. The biggest one for me, at least, was what happened to Sam Kendal's wife. We were left on a cliffhanger in one episode and suddenly it's quickly resolved in the finale. Trust me, I loved seeing it resolved in time but it happened way too quickly. I won't say what happened, but its resolution was much too simple for my liking.

Robert Patrick
Many know I am a big Terminator fan. So when I saw the T-1000 himself (my favorite Terminator model) I got very happy. Luckily enough Joseph Prosser (the character Patrick plays) was a joy to follow too. While Patrick is much older than he was in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, he still looks a lot like his younger self. So he isn't that hard to spot. I am going to miss tuning in every week to Last Resort to check up on how the T-1000 is doing.

Final Thoughts
This show was good in its one season run. However, I have to agree with others in that it doesn't seem like the concept was made for the long term. So it is both good and bad that the show got cancelled after its first season. While it was a joy tuning in each week I had started to grow bored with it, and it wasn't until the last episode that I got really excited for next week's episode...which is never going to come. Before I end this I must thank Michael L. Keller for getting me into this wonderful but short lived series.

No comments:

Post a Comment