Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Black Rainbow (Kafka's Men Book 7)

As a heart breaks...


Kafka has found herself being more distant with Blaine Rue. She knows he doesn't love her and yet finds there are feelings she can't fight.

Feelings she wants to keep no matter how messed up they are.

As Kafka becomes more distant with Blaine she realizes that her feelings for Wendigo have somehow become more than friendly.

Black Rainbow is the seventh book in the slow burning Reverse Harem series Kafka's Men.

"Maybe I would rise faster through the ranks of the Cassowary Institute?" I asked coldly. "Isn't that what you want for me? For me to serve Madame at your side? Isn't that easier done when I'm actually a member of this cursed organization?"

"I want you by my side, Kafka." Blaine said with pathetic hurt in his eyes. "I always want you by my side. I don't want you gone for a minute."

"Then you'll stop all of my tests. I'm sure someone of your rank could fudge the records somehow. It's not like you admire Madame or anything."

He quickly stopped eating and leaned back in his chair. I didn't know if his glare was meant for me or his cowardly soul. No, he would never be so forward as to offer any hatred of me. Or maybe...I tried to touch his mind with my own and found nothing. Whatever power Strigiformes Seer had given to me couldn't be accessed consciously. I had to hope that the power randomly came to me at just the right moment.

I guess if my mind was opaque to Blaine, it was only fair his mind was opaque to me. Everything learned about him would be a hard fight to win. And, at least, he wouldn't know how far our relationship was breaking. He would never have to know how much it hurt me that he didn't love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment