Monday, June 19, 2017

Crossing the Divide 60

"The Kaari died a long time ago." Selmy replied.

I wondered if he was more confused about my House still being alive or him being dead. His body was fully alive and yet in one reality he had died. Just because he hadn't asked about his death didn't mean he understood my words. It could be that it horrified him too much to say a word about it. As if by not mentioning it it would become false.

"My House only appeared to have died." I told him. "We lived by mixing our blood and hiding. By the time I was born there was no other Kaari alive. The closest I have to a blood relative is Viserion, former dragon of Daenerys Targaryen."

"You stole from her, didn't you?" Selmy said angrily. "Now you've placed yourself on the Iron Throne to end your old rivalry."

"I served her loyally in Essos. It was I who both saved her from a murder attempt by Daario Naharis, leader of the Sons of the Harpy, and helped her take back Meereen. My missing eye and the scars that line my body were earned by serving her. I was not raised a Kaari and even knowing my heritage does not cloud my judgment about her."

"Then she is dead?"

The hurt in his eyes made me wish she was dead. If Daenerys was dead that meant she hadn't turned mad and it didn't fall on Jorah to kill her. It would mean that the world was a better place as her name would resound as a light through history. What she had accomplished was something to be praised. She had been a good friend and her talks with me were some of my most pleasant memories. I didn't know how to tell Selmy that she was alive and had followed in her father's footsteps.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Barristan Selmy Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment