Sunday, May 14, 2017

Crossing the Divide 55

Even as I held back bile, I admired the creature. It was smaller but the speed was as if from a larger creature. Or maybe I was so tired it made the dragon seem quicker. Whatever the case was, outflying it wouldn't work. Already my body was growing tired. I didn't know how long this thing could last which could be hours from now.

Sam was having trouble staying on and one option of ending this, for better or worse, came to mind. This abomination might be faster but my experience could defeat it. The decision to fight had to come in the next few seconds as I wouldn't have enough energy after that. The only thing holding me back now was if my lover could hold on during the fight. But that couldn't be my main concern as if I died both of us would perish. My decision was carefully made in a matter of seconds.

"What are you doing?" Sam yelled out as I turned around to face the beast.

My lover said nothing more on the matter as the reason was obvious. I roared and I was met with a slightly softer roar. I opened and closed my claws while imagining how they would dig into the creature's skin. If the pink coloring was indeed the creature's organs, I just had to find the right one. A simple cut and I could fly away to safety. Just as the creature would've rammed into me, I dove down. My wings were pressed close to me as I rushed to meet the ground. Just as I started to feel the foul breath of the creature, I opened my wings and turned which made me gain altitude.

Sam started laughing in joy and then the creature turned towards us. I depended on my sense of hearing to know how quickly it had turned. I didn't know if fire would cause any harm to this beast but there was no harm in trying. If we were going to die, I wouldn't be a coward at the pronouncement of my fate. Once I had turned to face the abomination, I let fire shoot from my jaws. When my flames hit the creature's black parts no damage was done. But when it hit the pink that looked like organs there was damage. The creature roared out in pain and seemed to forget about me for a moment.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment