Saturday, March 4, 2017

Crossing the Divide 41

"You wish to marry Khaleesi?"

The love Hail had for Khaleesi wasn't surprising to me. When I had first met Jorah I had fallen for him. I had opened up to him in a way I hadn't before to anyone else. Instantly I knew that we would be together for life. Instantly I knew no barrier could ever separate us for long. So I could understand Hail's feelings for my eldest daughter.

"Yes, I do." Hail replied. "She's the only reason I'm deciding to stay with you."

"Your decision to marry is very sudden." I told her.

"It's the f****** end of the world. Should it really matter to follow traditions? Any of us could die at any moment. I don't want to die without being her wife."

"In someone else's case I wouldn't mind. In your case I'm worried that you can't separate yourself from your blood. We are the choices we make and one day you might find yourself foreign to Rain. You might share different values or like different foods. At that time your love for my daughter might go away. You might find that your love for her isn't your own. You are your own person, Hail. You're not Rain except by superficial means."

There was confusion mixed with sadness in her eyes. The lesson of what a clone was had taken me awhile to learn. I had killed many Alice clones while convincing myself they weren't real. They were no more meaningful than cattle. No, they didn't have even the worth of cattle. But I had learned to accept them as their own kind. Even though a clone was the same genetically, they still had the ability to react differently from each other. Khaleesi was a loyal friend of mine while Alice was an enemy.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Rain Ocampo Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment