Monday, June 4, 2012

Chernobyl Diaries (2012)

Title: Chernobyl Diaries

Director: Bradley Parker

Starring: Jesse McCartney, Jonathan Sadowski, and Olivia Dudley

Rated: R

Released: 2012

Personal Rating: 4.5/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: Six tourists hire an extreme tour guide who takes them to the abandoned city Pripyat, the former home to the workers of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. During their exploration, they soon discover they are not alone.

See This in Theaters
I know this might be hard for some of you (and impossible for those reading this after Chernobyl Diaries leaves theaters), but do it! There are things about seeing this in theaters that can't be replicated at home. I nearly crapped my pants numerous times while watching this. The fact is the theater is very dark, excellent surround sound, and a big screen. Also helped, with my personal viewing, was that revrezner and I were the only ones in the theater.

No Boobies Shown
Natalie needed to show her twins. No one can argue with me against that and win. It has an R rating and they were distracting while IN HER SHIRT! If you haven't seen the film yet, you don't know what you're missing! I know it'd be fanservice, but it'd be a fanservice I wouldn't mind. Nor would many others who like the female form.

The Atmosphere
For a horror movie, atmosphere can make or break it. The atmosphere makes this film. I can forgive nearly everything for me crapping my pants at numerous times. At first I thought it'd be fun with me being a little scared. By the end I was wishing for it to end soon because I was so scared.

Final Thoughts
I can't understand the hate for this movie. I really can't. It's a very well done movie. However, people who live there have been in protest against it. I can only take the end scene as a reason for their complaints. Anything else doesn't make sense to me. It does base the film on real events, but that helps to make it creepy without having to do much. And again: SEE THIS FILM IN THEATERS WHILE YOU CAN!

----------------
Suggest Me On Get Glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment