Thursday, December 13, 2012

S&N: The Rule of Logic 6

The room was of a moderate temperature and somewhat comfortable to humans. However, no one in the room took comfort in the temperature or the furniture. This wasn't surprising as what was to be discussed wouldn't be pleasant.


I turned to my left and looked at Samara. Nothing had seemed to happen when her and Mark had gone to investigate Playful Ballet. Samara was no closer to being Mark's lover than she was before.


Looking around the room I noticed Martha and Rebecca sitting closer than normal. I didn't blame them as they had recently nearly been separated. Mark was looking at both Samara and myself, as if his look would change our relationship. Stewart was looking calm as always. I scanned him and was reassured when it turned out that he was still human.


Elemental Earth Kered was lying on the couch as he had insisted on not holding a meeting in Sam's room. I didn't see the need to carefully move him as Sam's room would've held us all comfortably. But, humans being humans, held importance about a bedroom. I probably would've given the bedroom more importance if I had still been human.


As it was, I waited for Mark to start speaking. If he could get over his fear of speaking in front of an Elemental.


"Earth, Mark and Samara have a plan to deal with the Playful Ballet problem." I said when I felt Mark had spent too long remaining silent. Kered nodded and we all turned to face Mark.


"As you know," Mark said. "My team was called in to help Samara Crichton and Nazilla with Playful Ballet. Recently, Crichton and myself went to a Playful Ballet convention to explore options."


I kept silent and didn't say that him taking Samara was purely for his benefit. He wanted to take her out on a date and the only reason I hadn't stopped him was that Kered had been captured.


"We have found a way to take the front out." Mark continued and a faint smile formed on his lips. The fact that Kered hadn't interrupted him seemed to give him courage.


"The heads of the front will be gathered soon." Samara said. "Martha has already set a plan in motion to make sure the front won't be able to start up again once the leaders are killed."


"I still don't think we need to kill them." Martha said.


Kered sighed and everyone in the room tensed up. "Those who work with The Net aren't really people anymore." He replied. "Even Nazilla is more human than they are. The only sure way to stop them is to kill them."


"Unless they need to be tortured first for information." Samara added and had to hold back a look of revulsion.


Martha's only reaction was to nod.


"How soon will the attack on Playful Ballet be ready to execute?" Kered asked Mark.


"Two weeks." Mark replied and Kered responded with a nod.


"Can't wait to get The Net back for what they did." Rebecca said and pointed to her knee.


"The Net didn't capture me." Kered said and everyone but me looked confused. I felt confused but my body didn't show it. "Logic did."


"Logic?" Stewart asked.


"We have a new enemy." Kered continued. "Logic is a secret organization in The Net made purely up of Machines. Specifically, every Machine besides the M-3s and M-4s."


"Is it possible they are evolving themselves?" I asked. "When we went to rescue you, Kered, some of the Machines I scanned gave me an odd reading."


"What do you mean by odd?" Stewart asked.


"The readings from the scan said they were M-4s but something was off." I replied. "I can't explain it any other way."


"It is possible." Kered said. "Also, your rescue was probably made easier so that Logic could get knowledge of itself out. So that Karma would be in fear of being beaten on two fronts."


"I had heard mention of Logic before." I said, regretting that I hadn't picked up on the information sooner. "Before I escaped from Netty, I had heard a comment about Logic but just brushed it off."


"It wasn't your fault." Samara comforted me. "There were other things on your mind."


"Do you know how many things I can think of at once now?" I asked. "Because I was thinking of other things is no excuse for me to let something like that slip."


"Crichton, you can discuss Nazilla's failure with her later." Kered said and Sam turned her gaze back to Kered quickly.


A few minutes later the meeting ended and dinner was prepared. Since Kered was with us, I stood behind Samara and didn't pretend to actually be interested in food. I also remained silent as the conversation started.


The only piece of conversation I put any thought into was one of Kered's comments, "Never trust a Machine. Those things don't feel or think like we do. They don't care about us. Even if one helps you, don't trust it."
----------------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

S&N Tumblr

S&N Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment