Wednesday, November 14, 2012

S&N: The Rule of Logic 3

While my main focus was on the mission, there was still a little that focused on Samara. I ran a few processes to push her further back and then looked out the window. In the car with me were Stewart, Rebecca, and Martha. Stewart, taking the position of team leader for the moment, was driving.


I turned my head so I could focus on Rebecca more. I could tell that she didn't like her part in the plan to rescue Kered. Though she didn't like me, she couldn't deny rescuing Elemental Earth was much more important.


I looked at the two other members of the mission and knew they could do their job. Stewart appeared to be someone who could take control of any given situation. Martha would follow his orders. That was the same obedience that Rebecca would show.


After a few minutes, the hour long journey to where Kered was being held ended. In the distance was a building with subtle markings to show it was owned by Netty. Stewart stopped the car and both Rebecca and myself exited.


Stewart quickly put distance between us and him. Rebecca turned to me and let out a long sigh. She knew what was going to happen as well as I. Not only were we going to rescue Kered, we were going to be working together. Not with a group, but with each other.


"We better hurry." I said and Rebecca nodded. We only had a small window of time to rescue him.


With hardly another moment passing, we started to walk quickly. I wasn't worried that Rebecca's fear would be a hindrance, in the first part of the plan it would be necessary.


I kept all my scanners on full alert and when we got close, at least by Machine standards, I grabbed Rebecca and held a gun to her head. To a Machine this would be seen as useless until human emotions were taken into account. Doing this also increased what Machines read as fear so that I could more easily pass her off as my prisoner.


A little bit of walking later and I came to the entrance of the building. At the entrance were two M-3s and one M-2. Even though the M-2 had skin on it, one could tell that it was clumsily put on.


"She is part of Karma." I said.


"You're an M-4. Unreliable." The M-2 said. "And how did you get her?"


My old self started to rise and I pushed it back. A witty comment wouldn't help the current situation.


"She's human." I replied and, before the M-2 could reply, a small explosion went off. Stewart and Martha were doing their part. Letting go of Rebecca, I got ready to do mine.
-----------------------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

S&N Facebook Page

S&N Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment