Monday, January 10, 2011

Stephenie Meyer Hate

I don't hate Stephenie Meyer and I try to focus my rage on her writing. Her writing is slightly below average. She's the type of writer that should have a few fans and then be quickly forgotten by the majority of the world. She doesn't deserve her fanbase. Twilight (books 1-4) and The Host are just a waste of talent.

But I don't hate her. She has said some stupid things but I just laugh them away.

If Stephenie Meyer would write something that was, at least, average I would tell the world and admit that she could write. But, as she stands right now, she isn't good.

What worries me more than Stephenie Meyer? Her fans. aka The people that think that they want a guy like Edward Cullen (a stalker and abuser) and think Bella Swan is a compelling character (who doesn't react like a normal person would). I am glad that it gets some children reading and hopefully they'll branch off onto better books.

I will continue to read her to see if she improves. I'm not holding my breath but would love to be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment