Monday, April 1, 2019

First Kiss

This is a Game of Thrones fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This is a drabble. Feel free to make a request or two.

I am Daenerys Targaryen. I am the Dragon's Daughter. I have many titles, each referencing my many accomplishments. I am not a weak woman or else I would have died in Essos before my dragons hatched. So why did I feel weak now?

Ser Jorah Mormont, my advisor, walked beside me and gave me words of comfort. He was the only one I felt comfortable with admitting my distress. He had seen me rise from an abused sister to a powerful queen. He knew me better than anyone else and hadn't left my side. If I could inspire that kind of loyalty, that must mean I was worth following. Didn't it?

"You don't need to worry, Khaleesi." Jorah said. "Us Northerners are hard to convince, but we are not so dense as to refuse help."

Khaleesi. The name was less of a title and more a show of how much he cared for me. It was as if he were sheltering me every time he said the word.

"But you said you don't think I should've allowed Jon Snow to bend the knee to me." I muttered. "That I shouldn't have traveled with him."

"I have more of an issue with him bending the knee than him traveling with you." He said but I could sense the lie. "Him bending the knee to you meant everything the North sacrificed for independence was lost. How are they supposed to trust him when he gave everything up to an age old enemy? If they spoke with you before he bent the knee, they would have seen a queen worthy of their worship. But now...I don't know how things will go."
It must have been the confusion I was in because I noticed Jorah's jawline. The sharpness of it was sharper than Jon's. Then there was the crystal blue of Jorah's eyes. There was a darkness and oldness to them that made Jon's more pleasant to look at. Yet Jorah's eyes also showed a triumph over his demons and a love that was more pure than I deserved.

He must have felt the longing my body burned with as his lips met mine. At first both of us were scared and then I put my hands on his chest. Jorah responded by kissing with the fierceness of a much younger man. I could fool myself later that it was only a momentary weakness and he was much too old for me. That of course I didn't love Jorah because he wasn't right for the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. The last Targaryen couldn't love a disgraced knight.

But in this moment all that mattered to me was his lips on mine and how much I loved him. With the confusion in my mind I finally realized how much I wanted to love him. How much I wanted to meet the fire in his lips with marriage.

Jorah became more certain of himself and put his hands over mine as the intensity of our kisses increased. This wasn't right as I was Jon's woman, yet I couldn't stop myself. The sound of a loud cough broke us out of our paradise.

I looked at Tyrion with guilt in my eyes. It had been wrong to kiss Jorah but I hadn't been able to stop myself. Jorah's face was scared as if he had crossed a line but he would be dreaming of that kiss for years to come.

"If you are done, Bran Stark has something to say." Tyrion said with a smirk. "It sounded important."

Jorah and I followed him. We tried not to look at each other but our eyes wandered on their own accord.

No comments:

Post a Comment