Sunday, May 7, 2017

Crossing the Divide 54

"I served Daenerys Targaryen loyally in Essos, King Jorah served her even more faithfully then." I continued, looking at those gathered around. "When I met her I was rescuing her from an assassination attempt by Daario Naharis. I later helped her reclaim her city of Meereen. It is with a heavy heart that I declare war on her that will lead to her death. Your king, Jorah Mormont, is Azor Ahai reborn. Daenerys Targaryen, the false queen, is Nissa Nissa. Longclaw, your king's sword, is Lightbringer. The gods themselves have declared Daenerys' death. Though they are not kind, they are on our side for now."

The crowd before me was made up of residents of Dragonstone, Dothraki, Queensguard, my friends, and Stark soldiers. All those of House Mormont and Arryn had since gone back to their respective homes. Those before me were enough to keep this castle safe. They might still follow Daenerys so I would feel no hope until they showed their true colors.

"Residents of Dragonstone," I said. "Gendry Baratheon is an ally of mine. He has allowed me to make what I will say involve you. Dothraki, you are far from home and all you want is to go back. If you follow me and help me defeat the rogue khaleesi, you will go back to Vas Dothrak with honor at such a feat. I will not ask for you to join in the war against the White Walkers. Those soldiers who kneel under the banner of House Stark, I am going to rescue your Lord. Then I will save House Mormont, ally of House Stark, if Daenerys is not defeated at the Vale."

I walked from one end of the room to the other. I looked at the people's eyes and their reactions. Some looked away from me while others hesitantly met my gaze. Lei looked more than nervous to be here while Grey Worm was bored. She helped the Unsullied when she could. At times it was almost as if she were using him as a distraction. Jaime was nervous but not about being in a political setting, but because it was his duty to protect me. If this move went wrong he would do everything to keep me safe.

"I doubt all of you want to follow me and I won't force you to do so." I said once I was back in front of Gendry with Jorah by my side. "If you wish to join Daenerys Targaryen I will not stop you. My dragons will not attack you. If you wish to join me I will gladly take you. If you wish to avoid this conflict, you may go to Essos until the bloodshed has ended. Every person will come to me and state their choice. If you tell me the truth you will be able to go pursue your destiny freely. If you lie, Alexander will taste your blood."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment