Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Crossing the Divide 53

I walked up to a window, this one was heavily cracked but not broken, and looked at the landscape. Before the rains had started again this place had been a desert like the rest of the world. This would explain why the apartment complex was abandoned. If there wasn't a good source of running water here there would be no point in staying. Now, though, green had started to take over the landscape once again. The majority of the vegetation was grass though a few bushes had started to grow.

Turning back inside I took note of the room I had found myself in. It was a nursery with a crib, a dead baby, and a dead mother. The painting on the crib was gone for the most part with a few patches holding on. The wood was cracked and the bedding was wasting away. The child inside had withered away to bones with the cause of death being obvious. There was a bullet hole in its skull. The mother was also just bones now with a gun beside her. Both were wasted away to the point I didn't know if she had killed her child because it had turned or she just thought it had. Or maybe she had wished to remove her child from the nightmare the world had become.

My memories took me back to the Dragonpit. Like this mother I had killed one of my children so they would stop being in pain. Jeor might hate me now but he also might be understanding. He might forgive me for what I had done. If the gods decided to be fair to this mother and child they would allow both to be reunited. Both would also be able to understand why the mother had done what she had.

I could blame Alex for the horror before me but I didn't. He wanted to perform awful experiments but they were supposed to be controlled. He wanted to go deep into darkness but he wouldn't take the whole world with him. Well, not unless he was assured he would be the one in control. If the Nightmare were to be a hell, he would be the ruler. If my husband wasn't sure of having that much control he wouldn't da** humanity. He wouldn't because he cared about his own safety above all else. I also didn't blame my husband because he had been trying to right his wrongs, even though he did so in an inhumane manner. At least before he had joined the Mormonts.

"Rin?" Sam asked and I turned to see him enter the room.

His eyes went from the mother to the child. His eyes also glanced at the stuffed animals in the room. I couldn't tell what they had once been as all of them were ripped apart. There were the bite marks of dogs and birds on them. If there had been one stuffed animal that hadn't been ruined, I would've taken it back to Eden for Eve. She deserved a toy from the wastelands.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment