Saturday, March 18, 2017

Crossing the Divide 45

"I love you, Rin," Sam said, running his fingers through my hair. "You're the only thing here that feels real."

I was the only thing here that wasn't a clone and wasn't part of the macabre design. Everything else but me was here to serve the Umbrella Corporation. Sam, once he found out he was a clone, wouldn't think of himself as real. He was just a replaceable part of the cloning facility. Wesker did need Alex's mind but didn't need to hunt for the man.

"Maybe I am." I replied. "Maybe everything here is an illusion."

"Would you want me to be an illusion?" Sam asked with amusement.

"No."

Sam was not an illusion even if he was a clone. He was as real as anyone I had ever met including Gandalf. The part of the mission I was not looking forward to was having to leave Sam if he would not join the Mormonts. I also didn't like to imagine Alex not reacting well to Sam. There would be tension but I knew Alex would try for my sake. He was more scared of losing me than making himself happy.

"I wish this could last forever." Sam said regretfully. "But one day Wesker will find out and we'll have to make hard decisions."

"But you won't desert me?" I asked.

"No, of course not. But what we have won't be...blissful. It'll be hard. You said before that you were worried that I would abandon you. I question if you will stay by my side."

"Alex, my whole life has been nothing but pain. One test after another. One hard decision followed by something even more painful. When I find a cause I believe in I fight. I don't back down."

"If you think so low of me, why stay?"

"Because I love you, Alex."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment