Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Lover in Me 3

"No! No! No!" Elfangor shouted at two of his trainees.

In short order RachelBerenson and JakeBerenson were tangled up in each other. Rachel had seemed to be winning at first, which was impressive. She was the smaller of the two but, I guess, her berserker courage helped her face larger opponents.

I was watching a short distance away, sipping at some Amaranth Tea. It was a favorite of Jademoon's and he had allowed me to have some. I don't like tea but it was cold outside and the tea helped me to stay warm.

This was one of my favorite times of the day, watching Elfangor. Watching him fight and watching him keep control. He would be a good father to our-no, I mustn't think like that. Thinking like that would have me to admit to him that I was just flesh and blood.

Rachel and Jake quickly got untangled, with a lot of help from Elfangor, I chuckled one of my rare chuckles at the sight.

"Take five!" Elfangor shouted so all the warrior could hear him.

I watched as Miasma fell down and started snoring. The Ridgeback's body shook the ground and I spilled my tea. Good, one less drop to drink. I flapped my wings a few times to stay steady, but showed no other reactions.

After steadying myself, I noticed Elfangor coming over my way. His body had such an elegant way of walking. Of being of Sornieth and yet like something from a dream. Elfangor's body could've been used for such evil intent, but its purpose was to serve the clan now. To serve the Shadowbinder. To help fight the minions of the Shade.

"Birch," Elfangor said when he got close to me. "You think I'm training them okay?"

"Your training methods are magnificent." I said, sipping my tea to try to calm myself down.

His body so near. His scent so potent. I didn't know how I was managing to appear like he didn't affect me like this. He only needed to look at me to make me feel undone.

"I think I still need improvements." Elfangor said and I wished I could convince him how well he was doing.

I didn't like to see him doubting himself.

"Doesn't mean you're not doing a good job." I replied.

I felt all my courage leave my body. I wanted to fight, run, or anything that would get me out of this situation. I didn't want to kiss him, even the simple act of kissing made me uneasy, and yet I did. I wanted to put all my fears behind me, but they were still too real.

"Kali and Marco are to perform coitus." I said, saying the first thing I could think of. "I have to make sure that both are healthy enough for that activity."

"See you later, Birch." Elfangor said and, as I left, I swear I saw him smile.

I don't know why that action from him made me so happy.
-----------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment