Saturday, October 3, 2015

Another World, Another Threat (Seitou's Journal)


I growled as one of the new hatchlings, Xeno, pounced on my tail. She was unafraid and just ran around in circles right after she stumbled away from me. It always made me happy when there was new life, bless the Shadowbinder, but also sad as hardly any hatchlings were kept.

Some of the hatchlings would become regular indentured servants while others would be given more fanfare. A short distance away from the Auction House there was a tent where clans would share their wares. Whether they be dragons or rare items. I had decided that showcasing certain dragons would make my clan appear stronger.

It was given to Birchurawkp to choose the best dragons. They were the only one of the clan that could be considered neutral on the matter. They had even put one of their own hatchlings, Edriss, in the Auction House instead of the tent.

But there was an important matter to think about that made the happiness of the new hatchlings fade away.

Kali had come to the clan and her arrival had made me extremely nervous. I am a servant of the Shadowbinder, born because of her power, and I was used to looking over my shoulders at all times of the day. Most of the time I didn't think about it, it was just normal.

What Kali brought was not just news of an evil, it was an evil very similar to something Glau had seen in her meditations. An evil I had thought I could just ignore as it didn't affect anything to do with the clan.

Sornieth was my concern and my clan was my charge.

But with Kali...how to combat this evil? Would it be minor enough that a special task force could combat it, leaving me to deal with every day problems of the clan? Or was it something that could affect all of Sornieth? If the clan became one dedicated to war, would the Plaguebringer be a better deity to serve?

I was shaken from my thoughts as some of the hatchling pounced on Elfangor and messed up his fight with JakeBerenson. After Elfangor got control and the hatchlings ran away, he turned to look at me.

He seemed deeply embarrassed but said nothing on the matter. Just took Jake with him to fight somewhere else.

If there needed to be a special task force wouldn't it make sense for Elfangor to decide who would be in it? He knew the fighters, after all.

Seitou's Journal's Table of Contents

If you liked this journal entry, I have a Writing Shop on Flight Rising where I'll write bios and fanfictions of your dragons. I will also help suggest names for your dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment