Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Inbetween: The Incredible Burp 5

Coffee is something that should be simple to order. But it isn't always. There are these fancy terms for different kinds that I never got. I would sometimes have a cup of coffee in the morning, but I was never an addict. So I never got to ordering more than black coffee anywhere outside of home.

The fact that my job, while I was away from Tobias' meadow, Ax's scoop, and Cassie's barn was a barista at a small coffee shop was funny. I knew I should just be hiding out and not getting a job, but sitting around all day would just make me bored. Make me more likely to lose control of myself and then morph when I didn't mean to.

Yes, a Controller could recognize me, but it was a risk I was willing to take. Plus the fact that I was away from where the Animorphs lived would mean it'd be less likely that the Yeerks would figure out I had teamed up with them. They wouldn't think I'd team up with them anyways or that they'd have given me morphing technology as my former captors thought them all Andalites and the species was known to be stuck up.

Ax didn't seem stuck up or pompous, but he could be an exception. A wonderful exception I thought as I took an order from my latest customer.

The cafe always had noise either from customers or the music that was supposed to make people calmer. It wasn't as loud as the animals in Cassie's barn, but somehow it was less peaceful.

It might be that I was imagining everyone in sight as a Controller that knew who I was and then I would be captured. After questioning I would be infested again and this time, oh this time, I would end up giving up the Animorphs. The only hope left for Earth would be lost because the Yeerk would see everything.

It could also be because I was imagining one of the Animorphs walking in, though that was highly unlikely unless Ax had spoken to them about what was supposed to be secret, and their doubts would be proven correct. I had attempted to destroy the group and had also tried to use Ax in that attempt.

That would be the version they would see and it would be impossible to convince them otherwise. I would never earn back their trust. Would I get a fate worse than David's?

Even though I was getting nervous, I had learned to control my emotions well enough. I had a few outbursts before, but now I was getting decent. I didn't want to be tested as I didn't know how well I could hold up against a real challenge.

As I served another customer I noticed someone walking in. The teenager was beautiful, that was the only word I could think of to describe her. I wished I could have thought of a better word at the moment, but I couldn't.

Her hair was brown and long. It rested on her shoulders and back like a queen on a throne. Why was I thinking of such a cheesy phrase to describe her? Couldn't I think of a phrase that was as beautiful as I thought she was? And why was I seeing Ax angry in the back of my mind? Why was I thinking of him now?

Focus on her. Focus on this teenager.

With my mind properly focused I watched her while helping with the customer. As the girl walked her breasts bounced to signal that she wasn't wearing a bra. Was she going to meet someone later?

I wanted her to meet me now.

I had never dated before I became infested and after my infestation there wasn't a chance to. Luckily my Yeerk didn't think it necessary for my cover to date and have sex. I wasn't scared of sex, it was just that it should be my decision.

As she looked at me I felt myself getting wet and butterflies flew around in my stomach. I was scared and oh so horny. When she walked to the counter I noticed another change, a change that was other worldly.

I felt myself beginning to morph. Damn Hereth illint!

When I had first joined the group I had acquired a cockroach and morphed it to show I was brave. I had heard talks that everyone was afraid of morphing insects, though Jake said being a flea wasn't half bad.

The girl didn't talk but just looked at me strangely. I admit I was a sight to see. I was walking oddly as I tried to get out of sight as quickly as possible. I looked at my hand and saw it becoming a cockroach 'hand'. I was afraid that other stages of morphing were visible to everyone watching.

The back of my neck? My face?

"I need to pee." I whispered weakly and ran to the bathroom.

As I closed the door to the only stall, I started to shrink. My eyesight got weird and exoskeleton took the place of my skin.

I tried to say gross but my vocal chords were gone by that point.

When my morph was complete I was inside my clothes and shivering. Well, as much as a cockroach could shiver.
------------------------------------------
Inbetween tumblr
All of Inbetween: The Incredible Burp

No comments:

Post a Comment