Monday, January 28, 2013

Men in Black 3 (2012)

Title: Men in Black 3

Series: Men in Black

Director: Barry Sonnenfeld

Starring: Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, and Josh Brolin

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2012

Personal Rating: 5/5

Oscars: N/A

Plot: Agent J travels in time to M.I.B.'s early days in 1969 to stop an alien from assassinating his friend Agent K and changing history.
-------------------------------------

A Very Hilarious Movie
I watched this movie with my Dad. What does that mean? It simply means that I tend to control my reactions to movies. I don't clap my hands, talk back to the movie, and laugh among other things. At the beginning of this movie I was able to control myself but once the movie really started, I couldn't stop laughing. I tried to control my laughing but I just couldn't. With that fact alone, Men in Black 3 deserves its 5/5 I gave it.

A Step Up from Men in Black 2
I am probably one of the few that actually enjoyed the second movie. However, this movie is much better. If I were to compare the two, which I am doing now, I'd say there is just something about the third movie that makes it a much more enjoyable film. Maybe it has something to do with time travel, which I am a big sucker for. The only real big problem with MIB3 is the beginning.

Agent K's History
Throughout the Men in Black series, Agent K's past is kept very much in the dark. In this movie we find out that something happened at Cape Canaveral in 1969. While I won't spoil what happens there, as that ruins the whole point of the movie. But I will say you get a clearer image of Agent K and why he is the way he is. I think one of my favorite lines that K says (and, mind you, there are a lot of great lines that everyone in this movie says) to J is, "I'm startin' to understand why we don't talk."

Final Thoughts
This is a great movie. You might be wondering why I didn't talk about Josh Brolin's performance. The main reason is that everyone has already praised him and you've probably had that point drilled into your head way before you got to this review. While I highly enjoyed this film the character of Griffin got too annoying. He's one of those characters you hope will only be in one scene but know you're doomed to spend the rest of the movie with him. Besides Griffin and the beginning, this is a spotless film. Oh, you going to bring up the time paradox? I agree there are problems but at least the movie followed its own rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment