Friday, December 22, 2023

The Valley Who Loved a Human Chapter 1: An Explanation of Sorts

This is a Stardew Valley fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

KROBUS

I've always felt different from my fellow shadow people. Something has felt off...I couldn't tell exactly what until they showed up. They first appeared as a human man but later switched between a man and woman. Their name is Jash and I felt our love deserved to be documented.

Of course it isn't just us. With the help of magic, Jash has a number of spouses that are hidden from the rest of Stardew Valley. Once a year, on Spirit's Eve, the others' memories are freed and we share in the love.

Though I tend to avoid the others until the orgy is over. Human bodies are still strange to me and the only one I can tolerate is Jash's.

Everyone outside of our circle thinks there is an evil spirit that yearly erases our memories.

I don't exist to anyone outside of Jash until Spirit's Eve.

JASH

I opened my eyes and turned to see Krobus watching television in the dark. Though I knew there was something entirely different on his mind than a local sports game. I slowly untangled myself from the limbs of this year's spouse, Sebastian, and joined my greatest lover on the couch.

Once I was next to him, my eyes picked up the faint signs of a journal. A shadow person's journal didn't have the same consistency as a human's since they weren't as constrained to the physical plane. Or, more accurately, they were restrained in entirely different ways.

"Oh, Jash." Krobus said and quickly shut the journal.

"I didn't mean to interrupt you, Krobus." I replied and was interrupted from getting up by a single glance.

"I was thinking of collecting everyone's journals to make your story. I...I didn't know if that was overstepping any human bounds."

"We've been together for so long and endured so much, it's not overstepping any bounds. Spirit's Eve will be next season and we can ask the others then."

Krobus breathed a sigh of relief and I gave him a small kiss before returning to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment