Monday, August 28, 2023

A Monster Feels (Kafka's Men Book 6)

On the brink of chaos...


Blaine Rue's latest mission is to talk with James "Ice Master" Hamilton and convince the Claw agent that Eden Vista Wellness Center is not connected with the Cassowary Institute.

Talking with his former colleague gives Blaine an edge but during their conversation he discovers something. Something that begins to shake him to his core.

Suddenly life isn't simple anymore.

"Blaine!" James yelled happily.

His blonde hair, white skin, and blue eyes were clear evidence of why he was experimented on in the first place. Sure he had a willingness and pure heart to him, but that wouldn't have mattered as much as the right skin. The US could claim all it wanted to that it was different than the Nazis, but sometimes the lines became extremely blurred.

"James!" I yelled with the same shit-eating grin and walked over to him.

"How have you been?" He asked after I sat down next to him.

"I'll have what he's having." I told the bartender. "You can't even get drunk."

"I like the taste."

"Bullshit. No one likes the taste. Oh, I've been fine."

I shouldn't have been so worried. He didn't look suspicious at all. Hell, he probably was so excited to see an old friend that he wasn't thinking clearly. He didn't want to see me as an enemy so he was denying any evidence of the truth. This should be a lot easier than I had thought.

Or was he capable of lying so well that he lured me into a false sense of safety?

No comments:

Post a Comment