Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Invisible Trap (Mini-Review)

Paid Promotion
Update: John Clay has informed me that the Father mentioned in the book is a Carl Jung archetype and not the Christian God like I thought.

The Invisible Trap is a children's book written by John Clay and illustrated by Milan Samadder. There is a small boy whose energy causes his mother to get him out of the house. The small boy is having a great time until one of his shoelaces gets a knot in it while climbing a tree. But how can he discover a way out of his problem?

This book talks about the Christian God. I like how religion is shown in this book. It isn't reprimanding you for believing something different. It isn't mocking anyone's belief. It's showing that religion can be useful in helping people through their problems. I got into tarot, crystals, ect. as a way to help me with various problems.

The illustrations in this book are adorable. The parts where he's running around the house wouldn't be funny if they were drawn differently. The illustrations also help soften the blows from later on when the boy is worried if he'll ever be able to get home. He worries about if his mother will be able to find him.

When the boy gets stuck in a tree I was reminded when I was young. There was a tree in front of my grandparents' place that was perfect for climbing. And during certain parts of the year it had seeds that were fun to pick. Luckily that tree wasn't huge so it was always easy to get out of. If I couldn't climb down it was only a few feet to fall.

I found this book to be useful. While the situation is simple, a boy gets stuck in a tree, you can easily replace it with more complex scenarios. Such as going to Christmas breakfast and dinner. You'll encounter relatives that share different viewpoints, have to wait for someone that always arrives late, people will have food allergies that those cooking have to be aware of, ect. The whole time it's easy just to unravel but you can get through it without having a breakdown.

I would recommend The Invisible Trap by John Clay to those looking to teach their children about emotional intelligence. I would also recommend The Invisible Trap by John Clay to those wanting a good story with beautiful illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment