Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Green: Spreading 4

One of the interns brought me some tea. I thanked her and took a sip. Not the best, but I didn't mind. I was out on a mission to stop Gralg. Plague looked at me and I replied with a smile. He then put a hand on my shoulder and I realized I had to be serious. Whatever the cause was for this mission, I had to be calm and controlled to everyone but Plague.


"So, Noir, you know why you were called here?" One of the interns asked.


"Yes," I replied. When the two interns looked confused, I realized my mistake. "We both know why we are here. There's an unusual case."


"Who are you?" The other intern asked.


"His name is Matthias." Plague replied. "I'm sorry that he replied for me. We've both been cooped up for months."


"So then you know about the woman who isn't affected by Gralg?" One of the interns asked. She had blonde hair and a tired look to her eyes. "We thought maybe you'd be able to tell us why she hasn't gone into rage zombie mode."


"From what I could find out from George Hunder, she should be affected." Plague replied.


"Do you have any experience?" The male intern asked suspiciously.


"A little. Matthias doesn't have any, though." Was Plague's reply. "But this is purely a scouting mission for now."


A short while later the two interns began to take us to the woman. The woman intern's name turned out to be Susan Helms. She was nervous. I made sure that my gun could be easily taken out. But why should I be worried? This woman wouldn't be a rage zombie and there'd be no danger to any of us.


Susan and the other intern stood outside the door. Plague opened the door and I followed him. The pregnant woman didn't respond at all.


"She's not breathing." I said after looking at her chest.


He nodded and went over to her. He bent down and looked at her crotch. His face quickly turned to a horrified expression. As he opened his mouth to speak, I saw a blur going towards him.


In one swift motion I took out my gun and shot at the blur. A baby's laughter followed the bang from my gun. I looked for Plague and saw him hit the blur and then get up. I ran to stand in front of him but then the blur went behind him and we were both pushed to the ground.


Plague got up and I shot at the blur. After I shot, Plague aimed at the blur. When he shot I aimed at the blur. Suddenly a tentacle, that reminded me of an artery, came towards me. It nearly knocked me off my feet while Plague finally shot the blur.


I ran over to the blur and stepped on the baby's head. Blood touched both Plague and I. His face turned green but mine stayed calm. A feeling of happiness came over me. We were both safe.


The two interns rushed in and the man screamed. I suddenly realized that babies meant something to people. So why didn't I feel sad at its death at all?
-----------------
The Green Blog aka Gralg Contamination

No comments:

Post a Comment