Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Green: Spreading 2

Searching had done nothing. Three months and I still hadn't gotten any leads that had pleased Plague. Especially any that he'd even look at. Sipping at my tea I turned to look at the TV. It was again giving another Gralg Update. I turned away when even the reporter couldn't keep the tears out of her eyes.

"You okay, Matthias?" Plague asked.

Turning to him I said, "Three months, Plague. In that time the whole USA has been nearly taken over."

"We couldn't have done anything to stop it."

I threw my cup against the wall. "Fucking bullshit!" I yelled. "Total fucking bullshit. The only reason we haven't been able to do shit is because of you!"

Plague sighed. It was amazing how calm he could remain in times of stress. Like it was just an average day.

"I don't like this happening anymore than you." He replied. "But I have rules I have to follow. You don't. You could've left anytime you wanted to."

I kept my attention at the tea crawling down the wall. I didn't want to admit that I had made a mistake.

"I could change that now." I replied. "I'm going now to stop it from spreading to Canada."

A slight smile formed over his mouth and I didn't know why. For a moment he was silent and then he said, "Let me see if I can come with you."

As he went over to the computer I realized that I didn't want to go without him. I didn't want to go without someone having my back. And who else than my lover? The one who had helped me greatly so far?

For a few hours I watched the Gralg Updates. I wanted to stop it from spreading any further. And I realized that I'd have to choose between stopping Gralg and being with Plague. Taking that decision any further wasn't something I wanted to do. Not ever.

"Good news." Plague finally said and I rushed over to him. "There's a hospital by the US/Canada Border. The hospital needs some help and then we can go stop the spread of Gralg."

I leaned over to better look at the screen and smiled. "Thank you." I said.


-------------------

The Green Blog aka Gralg Resistance

No comments:

Post a Comment