Monday, August 3, 2026

Would You Fall In Love With Me Again Chapter 11: A Taste of Desire

This is a Skyrim/Alan Wake 2 fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


ALEX CASEY

Even though it was noon, I still stayed inside the Windpeak in. Scouts-Many-Marshes and I were sitting by the fire to warm ourselves up as even if it was the height of summer, there was little heat to be found outside.

As I looked at the Saxhleel sitting next to me I wondered why I had decided to spend another day in Dawnstar. The guilt of covering up a young boy’s murder couldn’t be washed away by any amount of ale, wine, or whiskey.

It also didn’t help that the parents came into the inn every night to help and drown their sorrows. They would decide to talk to me every day I was here.

So why stay? I didn’t need to be here anymore.

If Jash or Saga were here they would drag me away. Jash could just throw me over his shoulder if I decided to be stubborn. Saga would decide on something far more subtle and less violent.

As I looked over my shoulder for a brief moment, I knew there was only one thing that was stronger than any amount of Wild Valley. ****, it had been a long time since I had any of it. It was whiskey, right?

I knew I had drank it after getting shot on a case with Saga. What whiskey had she given me that one time?

It didn’t matter. We would never see each other again and all I wanted to do was to make love to Scouts.

But there was a reason I didn’t drag him to our room now and I didn’t want to think about it. It was more painful than the guilt about lying to the parents.

“Something troubles you.” Scouts said and I grit my teeth in response.

I had managed to hide things from Saga for years and she was a Seer. True I couldn’t hide some things from her, but I could keep the secrets Jash gave me until we were able to be honest with her. Unlike her, Scouts wasn’t able to read my mind and yet he had just read me like an open book.

“Jash never stopped loving you, Scouts.” I said and kept my voice steady. “He will never admit it but once he sees you again he will leave me. I don’t matter to him as much as you do.”

“That is a strange thing to believe, husband.” Scouts replied.

“It’s how people work. You are a better man than me. Why the **** would he choose to keep me around when you’re here?”

There was a pause and I prepared to take a walk outside. Maybe the cold would help me.

“So you’ve encountered many who have traveled across time and space to reunite with one another?” Scouts asked. “Earth is a strange place indeed.”

The slight movement of his crest and grin made me feel like I had something to hope for. It wasn’t much but at least now I could see a glimpse of a future where Jash was still my husband.

“Our husband has a large heart.” Scouts said and put a hand on my shoulder. “It is big enough to fit you, me, and Hircine.”

“You might be right.” I admitted.

Scouts leaned over and gently kissed me on the forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment